Saturday 4 July 2009

Signed up in support of Gary McKinnon. Why did it take publicity of case for recognition to be gained of his Asperger syndrome. It has been around since 1944. Illustrates the time lag between knowledge gained and actually incorporating it in the system
I deal with all children with or without labels.
I've seen developmental problems escalate in last few years amongs my 11+ candidates. 25% are on developmental programmes to address difficulties which make them too slow to pass. One of my earlier students with problems, that meant before intervention he might only do 50% of test paper, is now top of his year at grammar school. One from an independent, selective prep school, struggling to cope, has just won the academic award as top of his class. These children are just as special as those labelled but in the system they are not even picked up.
I aim for excellence for all. Do wish I was not on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment